Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek at a little project I've been working on this weekend. Justin gave me a printing book for Christmas, so I decided to try out my skills with the linoleum block printing method to create some wall art for our guest room. Right now the project is on hold because I need to buy one more tool before I can finish it. But here's a glimpse!


I drew this on the block and then cut it out with a special knife. I'm going to print this design, as well as another floral one (I'm still making that), randomly on the canvasses with the same colors the canvasses are printed with. I want to use the same color combinations that appear in the quilt (see below).


I used the patchwork quilt in the guestroom as inspiration for the colors and the paisley print. I'll take a picture of the quilt when I post the finished project.

As always, Hobbes was there to offer assistance.

1 comment: